Course Link: Business Process Mapping: A Prelude to System & Process GAP Analysis
GAP Analysis requires a comparison between the existing system(s) and/or process(es) and those that an organization aspires to achieve; this course will provide a “best practice” to achieve the goal of mapping current processes.
While mapping your business process sounds simple, it isn’t. When you start to capture all the exceptions, buts and what-ifs of the policies, procedures, rules and processes you will find a cacophony of issues. Without a complete picture of HOW you do business (from the process side), how can you determine where you want to be in the improved business process 2.0 version?
In this course we provide you with a road map to finding the true process map(s), because many times there are multiple maps, not just if-then-else decision points.
This course is part of a series of courses:
Before You Buy That Accounting, ERP, or CRM System…
War Stories – Enterprise System Implementation Wars
GAP Analysis: A Practical Approach
- Identify of the key aspects to acquiring a new [accounting/ERP] system
- Explore examples of what can go wrong when proper planning hasn’t been done.
- Explore some of the key elements that both the accounting department as well as other stakeholders need to focus on and agree to; eliminating as many of the roadblocks as possible.
- Explore how analysis of business process maps can assist in discovering bottlenecks and stovepipes
- Explore how analysis of business process maps can be used as the basis for GAP Analysis for comparison to the ideal version of processes that an organization aspires to achieve.